Our use of your information
Collection of Information
Met Through Friends Pty Ltd may collect through the website your first and last name and contact details (such as an email address and telephone number), date of birth, your gender and sexual preference and any other information which you may voluntarily provide to us. This personally identifiable information is used to create your user account and this is not accessible to other members.
Met Through Friends Pty Ltd may collect and/or confirm through a survey or email after ticket purccase your first and last name and contact details (such as an email address and telephone number), date of birth, your gender and sexual preference and any other information which you may voluntarily provide to us. This personally identifiable information is used to create your user account and this is not accessible to other members.
As a matter of policy we do not disclose this information to any third party. However, please read the Distribution of Information section below for circumstance where your personally identifiable information may be used or disclosed.
If you do not provide us with all the information we request we may not be able to match you or otherwise deliver our services to you.
When signing up for an event using a credit card, you will be asked to provide additional financial information such as your credit card number, expiration date and billing address. We use third party ticket selling platforms for event tickets which use encryption technology to protect your credit card information while in transit, via the Internet, to our servers.
We use your information for the following purposes
1. to respond to and deliver your requests for products, services or information;
2. to send you messages informing you about your scheduled upcoming events;
3. to improve products and services and better understand your needs, including through customer surveys;
4. to improve our websites and offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
5. to increase your awareness of Met Through Friends Pty Ltd branded products and services;
6. to include you or people like you in advertising, digital marketing or promotional campaigns and to inform you of offers for products, services or events that we believe are of interest to you and which are offered by Met Through Friends Pty Ltd, its affiliates and partners;
7. if we become involved in a transaction to sell parts of our business or assets or merge with other businesses, as customer information may be part of such transactions, we may use or disclose this information to other parties involved in the transaction; and
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. This policy is dated 30 April 2019